Homemade Washing Powder
- 1 cup of Borax Substitute
- 2 cup’s of Washing Soda
- 2 Bars of Dr Bronner’s Mild Aloe Baby Soap (It’s Organic)
Put the dried ingredients into the food processor. Grate the 2 Bars of Soap. Combine all ingredients in a food processor on high for around 30 seconds. This is needed to turn everything into a fine powder. Store in an air tight container. use 1 tablespoon per wash load.
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
- 1/3 cup liquid Castile soap (Dr. Bronner’s is my personal favourite)
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 6 drops of Tea Tree and 10 drops of Lavender essential oils
Combine all ingredients in an empty shampoo bottle (Recycle an old one if you can) and shake well to mix. You can keep it in the shower for up to one month.
N.B. For the larger family, double the quantities
Just shake well before use.
Moisturising Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash
- 60 ml Liquid Castile Soap
- 10 ml of fractionated coconut oil (or 2 pumps of the bottle)
- 15 drops of Thieves Essential oil to fragrance (add more if you wish)
- Distilled water
- 500 ml Foaming Pump Bottle
Put soap and coconut oil into the hand pump bottle and add the essential oil, fill up with distilled water (make sure you leave enough room for the pump to fit in)
Enjoy your hand wash
How to make Thieves Blend of essential oil
- 40 drops organic Clove Bud essential oil
- 35 drops organic Lemon essential oil
- 20 drops organic Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 15 drops organic Eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops organic Rosemary essential oil
- 10 or 15ml brown or blue glass bottle (with dripper)
Mix together and put in a your brown or blue glass bottle for storage.